World Library and Information Congress: 73rd IFLA General Conference and Council
"Libraries for the future: Progress, Development and Partnerships"
19-23 August 2007, Durban, South Africa
Grants for participating in IFLA Libraries for the Blind Preconference
Grahamstown, South Africa
Application dead-line extended to April 25!
IFLA ALP has granted the Libraries for the Blind Section 14,000 USD for grants for participants in a IFLA/LBS Preconference "Library services for print disabled people: a tool for literacy", Grahamstown, South Africa 14-15 August as well as a workshop about producing hand made Tactile Books for Children, 16-17 August 2007 in the same venue.
The grant will cover travel expenses, visa and conference fee.
Additional expenses will not be covered. After the conference grantees should submit a short report about heir experience of the conference to IFLA Libraries for the Blind Section.
IFLA Libraries for the blind will not be able to booking of flights.
For the same project mentioned above, the FORCE Foundation has granted 6,000 Euros.
Criteria for allocation of the grants for participation in the Conference are:
In your letter of application you will need to complete the following information:
- that applicants must work in libraries, production centres or other institutions serving blind and visually impaired persons.
- Candidates are from Anglophone African countries
- Professional background and experience: level of education, positions held and professional experience in general. Experience of library services to the blind or/and print handicapped is also considered.
- Committed letter of application, approved by supervisor or principal, and a well presented CV.
- Estimated travel cost
- Also indicate if you will take part in the workshop Making Tactile Books for Children with a Visual Impairment
Deadline for applications is April 25, 2007.
Successful applicants will receive a written confirmation.
Applications should be sent by 25th April 2007 to:
Beatrice Christensen Sköld
Chair of IFLA Libraries for the Blind
Swedish Library of Talking Books and Braille, TPB
SE-122 88 ENSKEDE
Fax +46-8-659 94 67
Tel +46-8-39 93 74